THANK YOU from the Marco Island Shell Club!!
The 37th Annual Marco Island Shell Club Shell Show and Sale was a great success, thanks to the people who supported the show by attending, viewing the exhibits, and making purchases in the Gift Shop. Proceeds benefit the Club's scholarships and grants program.
The Club would also like to thank the businesses, individuals, and organizations who sponsored trophies for the 2017 Shell Show:
• Delaware Museum of Natural History--The DuPont Trophy
• The Conchologists of America (COA) Award
• Dr. William Reid --The Dr. William Reid Plaque – presented to the display that best combines the aesthetic and scientific aspects of conchology
• Florida Gulf Coast University –Outstanding Self-Collected Marco Island Single Shell
• Florida Gulf Coast University --Natural History Photographic Award for the best photographic display of mollusks taken by the exhibitor
• The Friends of Rookery Bay -- Best Florida/Caribbean Single Shell Trophy
• University of South Florida -- Best World Wide Single Shell
• Bistro Soleil / Denis and Lisa Meurgue - Professional Shell Artist Floral Trophy
• Clausen Properties/Kimberly Porter --The Best Non-Floral Trophy for the best exhibit in the non-floral categories, Hobbyist Class
• Iberia Bank --The Hobbyist Trophy for the best exhibit in the Artistic Division, Hobbyist Class
• Valerie Maerker--The Mary C. and John B. Maerker Plaque for the best exhibit in the Artistic Division, non-professional categories, by an active member of the Marco Island Shell Club
• Eddy Ciaramello and Joy Burdick--Mary Ciaramello Trophy - for the best single flower or single stem of blossoms in the Hobbyist Class
• Marco Island Center for the Arts--The Top Artistic Novice Trophy for the best artistic exhibit in the Novice Class.
Looking forward to seeing you again at our 38th Annual Shell Show and Sale in March, 2018.